The immense and everlasting craze of social media is not hidden from any one as it has taken an important part right from the start of the day till the time we go for sleep.
Highlights of how we use Social Media in our daily lives:-
- No sooner did you even get up full fully from your morning bed, than you start checking your social media sites such as Facebook. Isn’t it?
- It will be difficult to keep a track of the number of comments or share which you do on sites in the over all span from the morning till late at night while you go for sleep.
- You can’t keep yourself away from visiting Facebook on your way to office.
- While waiting for your turn at the doctor’s clinic, how can you keep yourself away from indulging in Facebook?
Having said that, every single time you check on your Facebook, you get to see various new updates from your friends which reads like as follows:-
- Having tea in the rain and feeling awesome
- Usual late Sunday night messages where people feel irritated to prepare themselves for another next working week, starting after only after few hours.
- Usual “good morning” and “good night” messages
The idea behind people resorting to such activities is to engage with friends in order to be in the limelight. However, the million dollar question arises as to how much is too much?
Since, it is always safe to limit yourself so that you do not divulge your personal information to the outside world.
There has been increasing cases of identity fraud world since people overlook the most important aspect of security by divulging even their private information. The following article arms you with the coveted information so that you can save yourself from the identity thieves by not sharing the posts on social media which can prove to be a death knell for yourself.
Steps to be at a safer side
- Make sure that you know your friends. If you are working online, be sure that the friends which you are adding or getting requests should have their own personal snaps. One can certainly make sure by checking their snaps. Original profiles do not shy away from posting their own pictures as they equally have increasing mutual friends as well. In the event when you are in doubt, better be safe as well.
- It is a big No-No to share personal information which can prove to be hazardous as you post on social media such as
- Home Address
- Your Full Name along with the Names of your family members,
- Your salary, (since few carried away with the emotions especially at the time of getting increment etc.
- Never click on the website which is being sent through a private message. To be at a safer side, get Anti-virus installed which can even prevent you from opening the same as well.
- You can celebrate your child’s birthday and announce the feelings which as a proud father have. But, there is absolutely no need for you to tell the world that the school where you child attends.
- Periodically check the settings of your accounts and change the password as well.
- It is an important aspect to turn on the private settings as it is an important thing. However, the irony is many Facebook users even do not know the method to do the same.
- If you have been using the same password for various accounts, change them for different accounts for added security.
Social Media is about enhancing your social interactions. Therefore, involve it in your day-to-day lives. Therefore, by reading the aforesaid article, you know the method to keep yourself away from any sort of eventuality. Therefore, the feeling of being safe and secure is just awesome and it cannot be described in mere words as well. Hence, in order to be safe from the prying eyes of the hackers, you have to gear up before it is too late for you.